The current situation
For a long time now, we have been using many different building technology systems to support our use of buildings. We are all familiar with:
- Heaters and tanks
- Ventilation systems
- Air-conditioning systems with refrigeration
- Lighting systems
- Power distribution
- Shade systems
- Kitchen fittings
- And much more
All these systems are managed electronically and need to be configured, monitored, and remotely maintained.
Sadly for many technical managers and facility managers, the control and communication systems for most systems are self-contained and want to communicate via their «own» network and rely on their «own» Internet connection.
This means that more and more telephone connections, mobile wireless routers, and DSL modems are being installed for all these systems, which means that communication costs rise, there is no security concept in place, and it becomes harder to maintain an overview of what is going on.
Monzoon networks your building technology
How do we solve this problem?
- Monzoon provides a (redundant, if required) Internet connection and a BSC firewall system
- A separate virtual LAN (VLAN) with its own IP address tailored to the needs of the respective system is provided for each building services system. These VLANs are kept strictly separate from one another for the security of the connected systems
- An individual access concept for the respective system operator is created for every VLAN (and thus for every system). The system operator can then exclusively access its own systems for remote maintenance via secure and documented connections. This prevents any possible misuse of system controls via unsecured access
- The BSC communications system is monitored by Monzoon to ensure it is permanently available and secure